SUMMARY OF BUILDING REQUIREMENTS FOR COQUILLE SUBDIVISION
NOTE: THIS FACT SHEET IS INTENDED ONLY TO SUMMARIZE THE PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS FOR BUILDING IN COQUILLE. PLEASE OBTAIN A COMPLETE SET OF THE DEED RESTRICTIONS AND COVENANTS AND ABIDE BY ALL ST. TAMMANY PARISH BUILDING REGULATIONS.
I. BUILDING PLAN APPROVAL
1. One (1) set of plans and specs including site plan and signed building permit application shall be submitted to the Coquille Architectural Control Committee (CACC) at 13433 Seymour Myers Blvd., Ste. 1 in Covington.
2. Trees on and within five (5) feet of the actual building envelope may be removed without prior approval or consent from the CACC. Trees which are dead, dying or hazardous in the estimation of the CACC may also be removed. No sound trees measuring in excess of six (6) inches in diameter at three (3) feet above the ground shall be removed without written approval of the ACC. Other trees may not be removed without the prior approval of the CACC. Anyone violating this restriction will be required to replant trees as per CACC requirements.
3. All antennas must be of the concealed type installed inside attic space or other enclosure, except as ACC is required to permit under the regulations of Federal Communications Commission. The location of all outdoor antennas must be approved by the ACC. Eighteen (18) inch satellite dishes are allowed only if hidden from sight and installed in a manner and location approved in writing by the ACC.
4. Make application to Central Louisiana Electric Company for electrical service. Their phone number is (800) 622-6537.
5. Make application to Guste Island Utility Co. for sewer and water service. Their phone number is (985) 626-5132.
6. Make application to the Town of Madisonville for natural gas service. Their phone number is (985) 845-7311. (Coquille is not within Madisonville town limits).
7. All driveways must be installed as per engineer's detailed drawing. These drawings can be obtained from Kelly McHugh & Associates, Inc. (985-626-5611). The grade across the front of all lots must match the driveway grade.
II. GENERAL BUILDING REGULATIONS
1. A) Minimum square footage (living area of non-garden home):
Minimum Square Footage: 2000 sq.ft. Living Area
More than 1 story: 1600 sq. ft. living area on ground floor
B) Minimum square footage (living area of garden home):
Minimum Square Footage: 1,500 sq.ft. Living Area
2. Minimum elevation: Per parish and current FEMA regulations, and be constructed at a prudent level above the centerline of the street it faces.
3. Building Setbacks:
Estate Lots Garden Homes
Front - 40 Feet Inside 45 x 65
Back - 30 Feet Building Envelope
Side - 10 Feet Shown on Subdivision Plan
Side Street - 20 Feet
4. Each house is to have a two-car garage. No carports permitted.
5. No driveway or walkway may be built closer than five (5) feet from the side property line.
6. Strict sign control will be enforced. Each lot is allowed one (1) "For Sale" sign not to exceed 4 square feet. The building permit, electrical contractor, or plumbing contractor signs, if required, should be placed on the temporary electric post. Any other signs posted will be immediately removed and discarded.
III. GENERAL SUBDIVISION RULES
1. A standardized mailbox must be installed and can be obtained from Magnificent Mailboxes 985-774-9096 (magnificentmailboxes.com)or Southern Mailboxes & Accessories, Inc. 985-845-2693.
2. Property owners dues are currently assessed at $50 per month for each lot, and an additional $75 per month for each garden home.
3. The subdivision has subsurface draingage, underground utilities, and a large amount of greenspace throughout the subdivision.
© 2001-2018 Reliance Network and RE/MAX Louisiana.
All rights reserved. US Reg. Copyright TX-5-910-991, TX-5-910-992, TX-5-910-993, and TX-5-910-994.
Each RE/MAX® Office is Independently Owned and Operated. Equal Housing Opportunity.
The Miracle Home® Program, exclusive to RE/MAX LLC., allows a RE/MAX Associate to make a donation on behalf of each transaction to Children's Miracle Network. The partnership underscores Sales Associate involvement in the communities in which they live and serve. RE/MAX Sales Associates are unique in that a majority of the donations received by Children's Miracle Network from RE/MAX are the result of Associates' hard work rather than solicited from customers.